PATIENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The patient has the responsibility to provide accurate and complete information concerning his/her present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other matters relating to his/her health.
- The patient is responsible for reporting perceived risks in his or her care and unexpected changes in his/her condition to the responsible practitioner.
- The patient and family are responsible for asking questions when they do not understand what they have been told about the patient’s care or what they are expected to do.
- The patient is responsible for following the treatment plan established by his/her physician, including the instructions of nurses and other health professionals as they carry out the physician’s orders.
- The patient is responsible for keeping appointments and for notifying the hospital or physician when he/she is unable to do so.
- The patient is responsible for his/her actions should he/she refuse treatment or not follow his/her physician’s orders.
- The patient is responsible for assuring that the financial obligations of his/her hospital care are fulfilled as promptly as possible.
- The patient is responsible for following hospital policies and procedures.
- The patient is responsible for being considerate of the rights of other patients and hospital personnel.
- The patient is responsible for being respectful of his/her personal property and that of other persons in the hospital.
How to File a Grievance with Fairview Regional Medical Center
The satisfaction of our patients and the quality of the care delivered to you are very important to us. In the event that you have a complaint that has not been resolved by the healthcare staff at the time of your complaint and you wish to file a grievance, you may do so by telephone call, letter, or in person, at the address and phone number below:
Fairview Regional Medical Center 523 East State Road Fairview, OK 73737 Phone: (580)227-3721
(Business hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm)
Or on our website at: www.fairviewregionalmedicalcenter.com
Filing a grievance will not subject you to any form of adverse action or jeopardize your future access to care at Fairview Regional Medical Center or at any of our satellite clinic locations. Your grievance will be reviewed and investigated, and you will receive a written response from us. We will attempt to make a written response within seven (7) days of our receipt of the grievance; however, due to the nature and complexity of your grievance, it may take longer in some instances to make a written response. If this is the case, we will inform you that we are still working to resolve your grievance and that a written response will be made within thirty (30) days of receiving your grievance. Patients also have the right to file a grievance with the Oklahoma State Department of Health or Oklahoma Foundation for Medical Quality whether or not a grievance is filed with Fairview Regional Medical Center.Oklahoma State Department of Health Protective Health Services, Medical Facilities 1000 NE 10th Street Oklahoma City, OK 73117 (405) 271-5600 Toll Free: (800) 522-0203
Oklahoma Foundation for Medical Quality 14000 Quail Springs Parkway, Suite 400 Oklahoma City, OK 73134-2600 (405) 840-2891